Saturday, July 5, 2008

Notes from Q.O.M.

I have been lax in my blogging but not in my "commit to fit'08". Sorry for the absence!

Melissa, I am totally with you on the integration of all of one's senses in being outside. I would love to hear more about your discovery of meditation...did you read a book, take a class or find a mentor? It is something I am intrigued by and interested in...please share if you don't mind.

Spurred by economic goals, a short commute to work and the really nice bike collecting dust in the garage, I decided to start biking to work. It is a 6 mile round trip...easy in the am (cool, clean air, mostly downhill) to the stark contrast of the pm half (humid, exhaust filled air)...but hey, it is 24 miles total for the week that I would not otherwise fit in to my life. I managed to ride to work all of my 3 shifts this week (4th shift off due to holiday). And I also managed to get up and run a couple of mornings and squeeze the 20 minute yoga tape in for 6/7 mornings. Not too shabby. :)

I had a wonderful visit with a friend today who surprised me with fresh veggies and herbs from her garden...all of which will contribute to a wonderfully healthy menu...thank you friend!

This weeks goal: start incorporating recently rediscovered pilates tape and more sit ups/push ups.

Amy

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

That sucks, sounds like you are doing a lot of working out lately.