Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Outdoor Exercise is the Key!

I have to admit...in the past, I have used the excuse that the kids are home on summer vacation and it is OK to blow-off the exercise. At the age of 39, that is no longer an option and I am finally in a place where I look forward to my workouts. I love the time to myself outside with nature. I have made a new practice of trying to use all my senses when outside exercising. Making myself aware of my surroundings has made me aware of how beautiful the full green trees and undergrowth are, or how different aromas come and go during the course of a walk. I also have noticed my own body, my heartbeat and respiratory rate. I can imagine blood flowing through all my healthy organs. It has made a difference in my outlook. My workouts are not a burden, but rather an opportunity to fully enjoy being well. Try it, it makes a differnce in your day. To date I have walked an average of 3-4 times weekly and meditated approximately 2-3 times weekly(this calms the monkey-brain). I have goal to fit the weights in or some sort of resistive workout in 2 X weekly. Have a great week! Oh yeah, thanks Kim for taking that awesome walk with me at Lily Bay last weekend. That was great!
Melissa N.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

I agree with you on outdoor exercise. The walk was fun in Lily Bay, thanks for joining us!
~Kim

Joshua Cheong Renjie said...

I love outdoor exercise!Truth about six pack abs