Friday, May 16, 2008

Former Fitness Fool

Kim and I have been trying to think of a way to keep eachother and potentially other women on the road to health and happiness. Who knows where this will go.... I am so excited to be held accountable for my efforts to stay healthy and shed a few pounds. You see, I used to work in the fitness industry before I was a nurse and even did a fitness competition after the birth of our first child, Abby. I am glad I did it, but it definitely is not a healthy way to live. At this point in life, I am all about WELLNESS...this is my new mantra. It is not always about getting into the "skinny jeans", although it would be nice. I lost my mother to heart disease and do not intend to become a statistic myself! Anyway, I am off to walk 4 miles with my sister, Shelly. This is my 3rd walk of the week. I am going to pick up some new hand weights later today. I have decided to exercise at home....way burned out on the gym scene! Thanks Kim, for leading us in the right direction!

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

Welcome Melissa! I am all set with the gym scene until fall too. I can not get enough of the outdoors. Glad you joined us!

Fit4Life said...

Hi Kim
Love you blog, are over 45 ers welcome ? I will turn 46 on Jun 11 !!!! I have one question, what is with this belly fat thing ! Eat one cookie and five appear in your mid section. My metabolism was once the stuff of legends, those days are over. I have discovered the key though and it lies in "moving your ass " aerobic excercise is essential. Biking, hiking, kayakin, anything that gets your heart rate up and sustains it for 30 minutes about 3 or 4 times a week is a good thing. Maybe even a marathon love session hehehehe, Brian and I are off on a bike ride around the Pemaquid Pennisula, looks like a good day for it. Well keep your bum in gear girl.
Anna