Friday, May 16, 2008

Queen O'Moderation

Fit4Life....woo-hoo!

Okay, I am a little excited about this blog! This will be fun. :)

I am of the club, and have been for all of my adult life, "moderation is key". Hey, I am no super-model, but my husband assures me I can make a grain sack look good and as long as I am able to hike trails, bike beautiful scenery, paddle a kayak and remain energetic enough to keep up with my soon-to-be four year old daughter...I am content with the body I reside in. Crash diets have never been my thing...exercise to the point of pain...no way...just make healthy choices most of the time, allow indulgences and cravings to a point and move. That is all there has really been to it for me. Yes, I have fallen off the exercise bandwagon...but I have also been on the other side where my body actually CRAVES exercise. Anyone else ever get there too?

Last year I ran my first 5K for the Susan Komen (a long time goal) and I plan to do it again. So this will be a great place to keep track of my progress. Heck, last year just having time line to train for the 5K kept my be-hind motivated...it will be nice to mix in some good cheer!

A.L.

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

Glad you joined us A.L.!